Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2018

How It All Started: Pusha T vs. Lil' Wayne?


Back in 2006, Lil Wayne appeared on the front cover of Vibe magazine rocking apparel from A Bathing Ape, as well as wearing BAPE clothes in his “Hustler Musik” music video. The Clipse, a hip-hop group formed by two brothers Pusha T and No Malice, were some of the first people to ever wear BAPE clothing along with Pharrell, so after they saw Weezy rocking it, they released a song called “Mr. Me Too” were they sent a shot at him:
Niggas bite the style from the shoes to the watches
In an interview with Complex in the same year, Wayne responded to The Clipse after he got asked if he wore A Bathing Ape clothing once he saw they had started the trend:

“I ain’t gotta talk about no coke nor no fucking BAPEs. I got my own shoe out nigga, that OG collection Reebok nigga. I got my own jeans out nigga, W. Two Us, I’ve got my name—the W is gonna be on your bitch ass. Aight?”
“I don’t see niggas like that. You talking to the best. Talk to me like you’re talking to the best. I don’t see no fuckin’ Clipse. Come on man. Weezy, man. They had to do a song with us to get hot, B. “What Happened To That Boy?” C’mon B. Don’t do that, dog. This is a fucking legend you’re talking to right here. 14 years, B. How many years them niggas been around?”
“Who the fuck is Pharrell? Do you really respect him? That nigga wore BAPEs and y’all thought he was weird. I wore it and y’all thought it was hot. C’mon man. C’mon now. The nigga walked around with niggas that looked like you, y’all thought he was crazy. If I did it, y’all gonna think these niggas are killers.”


 The Clipse did not like Tunechi‘s response one little bit! Check out what Pusha T said to Virginia’s WWHV Hot 102.1 FM radio show after he heard what Wayne said about himself and his brother:

“Wayne, you sort of copying The Clipse right now. I think he made a bad judgment call, maybe hes got an album coming out. This is a small thing to a giant, he’s just acting out.”
“If anything, I am upset about him using the F word before my name, being as though he likes to sit around and kiss men. If you gonna kiss men, you can’t even use them words in conjunction with The Clipse, Pharrell, or any of the family. He’s definitely acting out right now. Jay-Z? Do what you gotta do. But involve The Clipse? You don’t want to do that. I already don’t look at him like a G. He ain’t nothing like me.”



No comments: